_R9C7216mtsu_live

Week of Welcome Continues with Match Records Concert

It may have been the last day of classes for the week, but MTSU’s Week of Welcome was far from over on Friday night.

Match Records, MTSU’s student-run label, held “The Welcome Week Concert” on the Student Union Commons at 6 p.m. last night. Although the audience was not as full as the previous night’s SGA Fight Song Competition, students slowly filled the grass area in front of the stage to check out what the different artists  had to offer.

The concert started out with a country twang, starting with the female trio Maybe April, followed by Brittany Spencer and Jimmy Landfair.

The string of southern acts were followed by a set of cover songs performed by Magnolia Wren, including Blackstreet’s “No Diggity” and Lady Antebellum’s “Bartender.”

The show then transitioned styles when DJ/violinist SterFry stepped onto stage and played violin accompanied my dubstep tracks. Next up were hip-hop sets from Exum, The Famous Club and nobigdyl. that got the crowd pumped up for the night’s final sets.

Headliner and Match Records artist Luke Caccetta headlined the event, rocking the stage with original country and southern rock songs from his Match Records debut EP Cheers as well as a few additional covers to fill out the set.

To finish up the night, Steven Nix, Left Home and Clay Cages took the stage. By this time of the night, the remainder of the crowd was energized and seemed to be having a good time.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

For more updates and galleries, follow us here at MTSUSidelines.com, or on Facebook and Twitter at MTSU Sidelines and @Sidelines_Life.

Email Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston at lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com