Murfreesboro TSA Employee Arrested for Videoing Co-Worker in Restroom

A former TSA officer from Murfreesboro has been arrested on a multiple count felony indictment accusing him of secretly taking video of a female co-worker in a restroom at Nashville International Airport.

Daniel Boykin, 33, of Meigs Drive, is being held on charges of unlawful photography, aggravated burglary, wiretapping, unlawful telephone recording and two computer crimes, according to a release by the Metro Nashville police department.

The woman, also a TSA employee, was on her phone in an employee restroom while Boykin was recording her, resulting in the unlawful telephone recording and wiretapping charges.

She filed a complaint with the U.S. Attorney’s office after seeing videos of herself on Boykin’s phone.

Detectives with the MNPD’s Hermitage Precinct, working with the Murfreesboro Police Department, executed a search warrant at Boykin’s apartment, where they seized his computer, storage devices, and phone. These items were found to have images and video of the woman.

The Nashville International Airport police and the TSA assisted Murfreesboro police in the investigation.

During the course of the investigation, detectives determined that Boykin had entered the victim’s home in Nashville several times. Boykin is alleged to have taken data from her computers and electronic devices.

Boykin was fired from the TSA shortly after the investigation began.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com