Five Apps For MTSU Students

“There’s an app for that” is something you’ve heard multiple times in the last few years. We live in an age where there’s a mobile application for everything. There are millions of apps—including staples like Facebook and Instagram that are already on your home screen. However, there are some that college students should not live without:

Yik Yak/Unseen
Yik Yak is a social media application where people in your area can submit anonymous text posts. If a “yak” is any good, it will get up voted. However, if it’s not so good, it will be down-voted into oblivion. Unseen works the exact same way, except with photos. There’s also an emphasis on it’s anonymous comment system. These two apps are fun time-wasters that will help you share your thoughts and photos with the rest of campus anonymously.

PhotoMath
The app everyone wishes they had when they took College Algebra is here. PhotoMath can solve math problems in printed text with your smartphone’s camera. All you do is take a picture and it gives a step-by-step solution to the problem.

MTSU Mobile
MTSU’s app is definitely a lifesaver at times. It shows everything from your class schedule to a map of all the buildings with a built-in GPS to help guide you through campus. It also allows access to your  student email, D2L and other handy campus info.

Scoutmob
Is your bank account feeling empty? Are you sick of campus food? Scoutmob is great for both of those problems. It finds near by restaurants that don’t cost an arm and a leg and provides coupons to help out when it comes to paying the bill.

iFunny
Everyone has those days when college is nothing but stress. iFunny is an app that gives a daily dose of laughter. It’s made of hilarious photos, GIFs and videos that can bring a smile to anyone’s face.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Middle Tennessee Struggles Early, Finishes Strong at Hoosier Invitational
Next Student arrested for stabbing roommate at Raiders Ridge apartment