Blue Raiders will face Crimson Tide, host Vanderbilt in 2015

The Southeastern Conference announced its 2015 football schedule Tuesday afternoon. It was revealed that the Blue Raiders will face both Alabama and Vanderbilt as part of its non-conference schedule in the upcoming season. Middle Tennessee will travel to Tuscaloosa to take on the Crimson Tide Sept. 12, and will host Vanderbilt Oct. 3 at Floyd Stadium.

This will mark the third time that the Blue Raiders and Alabama have faced each other, with the last meeting between the two teams coming in 2005 in a 26-7 win for the Crimson Tide. The first game was a closer affair with the Crimson Tide, edging Middle Tennessee by a score of 39-34 in 2002. It will be the first time that the Blue Raiders have faced Alabama since Nick Saban took over as head coach in 2007.

For the first time ever, MT will host Vanderbilt at Floyd Stadium. This will be the first matchup between the two schools since 2005, in which the Blue Raiders won 17-15. This will be the 16th game between both squads, with the Commodores having won the first 12 games in the overall series. The Blue Raiders are currently on a three-game winning streak against Vanderbilt.

These two games will mark the first time the Blue Raiders have faced an SEC team since losing 24-0 to Tennessee in 2011. These two matchups will provide early season tests for MT. The rest of their schedule will not be announced until February.

For more Blue Raider football, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport

Previous Photo Gallery: Pearl Jam at Memphis' FedEx Forum
Next Markéta Irglová Brings Enchanting Sound to Nashville