Iggy Azalea, Ludacris Shake Nashville at Commodore Quake

Vanderbilt University held their 14th annual Commodore Quake inside their Memorial Gymnasium this past Thursday night.

Hundreds of students came out for headliners Ludacris and Iggy Izalea and opening R&B artist Jeremih.

Jeremih took the stage as the crowd  members were still filling the gym. Once he started performing his 2009 hit “Imma Star (Everywhere We Are)” all eyes were on him until closing with his best known track, “Birthday Sex.” He was the perfect artist to prepare the crowd for the performances to come.

Iggy Izalea is one of the top charting women in hip hop, creating another dynamic for women in music. She started off her set with “F**k Love” wearing hot shorts, a crop top and her hair slicked back in a long blonde ponytail. She had four dancers backing up her every move outfitted in black and white one pieces. These girls had the stamina to perform, and the booties to back it up.

Iggy let her iconic behind take the reins throughout the set, including during a dance solo while performing her single “Work.” Immediately following,she said her goodbyes and then jumped into her number one song “Fancy.” As the final beat dropped, a downpour of glitter rained on the audience. Iggy left the stage a sparkling sweaty mess, in the nicest way possible.

Ludacris undoubtedly proved his place as the headlining act. He had a stage presence incomparable to the other acts with massive amounts of audience participation to match. He came bouncing on to the stage hyping the crowd, then burst into his hit “Act a Fool.”

Ludacris redefined “Throwback Thursday” by playing many of his addictive and catchy hits from the early 2000s. He ultimately closed the show with “Move B***h” and “Get Back,” leaving the crowd of college kids amped up and ready for the weekend.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com