Man Seriously Injured After Oaklands Court Shooting

A man was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with serious injuries after a shooting at a housing complex nnear Oakland Mansion at around 12:45 pm. Wednesday, Murfreesboro police confirmed.

The shooting occurred near the basketball court of the Oaklands Court apartment complex at the corner of East Lokey Avenue and Christy Court.

The unidentified victim was alert and communicating with authorities as he was taken to Vanderbilt by LifeFlight.

Police were seen taking several bags of evidence from the yard next to the housing complex. A jacket was recovered from the pre-kindergarten parking lot next door.

Police canvassed the area for suspects and detained a man in front of Big B Cleaners at 1667 Middle Tennessee Boulevard. Police also detained a red Nissan Rogue, which traffic scanners indicated may have been the getaway car, in the parking lot of Rolling Acres apartment complex on Manor Drive.

Murfreesboro Police Sgt. Kyle Evans told Daily News Journal reporters that four suspects had been taken into custody and questioned.

The pre-kindergarten at Oaklands Court was temporarily on lockdown after the shooting and was dismissed for the day at 1:30 p.m.

For more election coverage, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com