MTSU Assistant Softball Coach Suspended after DUI

MTSU assistant softball coach Kelley Montalvo, 27, was suspended after she was arrested by the Murfreesboro Police Department and charged with driving under the influence Friday night.

“Kelley has been suspended indefinitely from all softball coaching related activities and will remain suspended while we review the incident and gather information,” MTSU athletic director Chris Massaro said in a statement. “We take these matters very seriously and we will do a complete and full review.”

Montalvo, the hitting and outfield coach for the Lady Raiders, was unable to complete a field sobriety test, according to the Daily News Journal.

The incident occurred at 805 Bradyville Pike after an MPD officer observed the vehicle swerving in its lane of travel. Montalvo crossed the lane lines approximately five times and was driving 55 mph in a 40-mph zone, according to the Daily News Journal.

“I noticed Ms. Montalvo’s eyes were bloodshot and she had an odor of an intoxicant about her person,” MPD Officer Jason Higgins wrote in the report.

Montalvo was booked into the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center and released a short time later on $1,000 bond.

She is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court Dec. 18, according to the Daily News Journal.

For more community news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditors@mtsusidelines.com