MTSU to Host “5K Run for Your Life” on Sunday

MTSU’s first “5k Run For Your Life” is scheduled for Sunday, October 26, 2014, beginning at 8 a.m on campus.

The 3.1 mile race will begin and end in front of the Rec Center, taking runners down Blue Raider Drive and Old Main Circle, rounding the obelisk at the university’s East Main Street entrance.

Prizes will be awarded to the fastest male and female finishers in the under 18 and over 18 age groups.

For runners more concerned with getting into the holiday spirit than with exercise, there will also be prizes awarded for best costume.

Campus Recreation Facility Coordinator Andy Allgrim called the zombie-walk theme a “big hit,” and said that it could become a new university tradition.

The Halloween-themed footrace was brought to campus to replace the annual homecoming kickoff marathon, which was cancelled for fall break.

All proceeds from the event will be used for student worker scholarships, including the portion earned by the men’s rugby team, Campus Recreation’s partners for the 5k.

Registration is $20 for students and participants under 17 and $30 for non-students. “Ghost runners” can donate $30 without running.

Registration is available in the Campus Recreation office until 6:30 a.m. on October 26th, 2014, or online by visiting www.active.com and searching “MTSU.”

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Taxidermy Photos Displayed in Baldwin Gallery
Next MTSU to Conduct Preparedness Drill for Ebola