Police: Sexual Assault Reported Tuesday Night

Campus police were notified on Tuesday, September 30 that a sexual assault had occurred on campus, according to the police department’s online crime log.

Police were notified of the incident by a campus security authority, a person responsible under the Jeanne Clery Act for reporting crimes, who said that the victim did not wish to file a report at that time. A campus security authority can include resident assistant, faculty member, police officers and others employed by the university.

No specific date, time or location of the assault was given within the report.

Though the victim did not wish to file a report, they were directed to the Title IX offices on campus for additional services. The Title IX offices at MTSU are in the Keathley University Center and Cope Administration Building.

This is the fifth sexual assault reported since the semester began.

The Clery Act requires campus police departments to notify students when a sexual assault occurs on campus. So far, no notification has been sent to students by police on this incident.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com