UPDATED: Student accuses UT Football Players Johnson, Williams of Rape

(PHOTO COURTESY: The Daily Beacon/KNOXVILLE. Pictured, left to right: A.J. Johnson, Michael Williams)

A University of Tennessee student has accused two UT football players of sexually assaulting her in a Knoxville apartment early Sunday morning, according to The Knoxville News Sentinel.

In the report, the 19-year-old victim told police she was the victim of rape by both linebacker A.J. Johnson and cornerback Michael Williams. She told Knoxville police the rape lasted about 45 minutes and took place at around 1:45 a.m. at the Woodlands Apartment Complex in South Knox County.

A second 19-year-old woman told police that she was visiting her friend from out-of-state told authorities that Williams had sexually assaulted her at the same apartment complex.

Knoxville police were called to the complex just before 3 a.m. to investigate the rape and sexual assault of the two women. Both were taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center.

According to the report, the student who said she was raped received medical treatment for the incident.

The second victim, a student at a university in Florida, did not require medical treatment, according to the incident report.

No charges have officially been filed against either Johnson or Williams.

According to the News Sentinel, the case is still under investigation and no comment has been made as to whether the the men had been interviewed by police. It is still undetermined if district attorneys or victims will pursue charges.

The second victim has returned home to Florida, according to authorities.

PREVIOUSLY REPORTED:

Sources told WBIR Channel 10 in Knoxville Monday morning, that two University of Tennessee football players had been named as suspects in a rape and sexual assault case that occurred at around 3 a.m. Sunday.

All-SEC linebacker A.J. Johnson and cornerback Michael Williams are the primary suspects in an alleged rape that happened early Sunday morning at the Woodlands Apartment complex. Williams was also named as a suspect in a sexual assault against another out-of-state woman, according to a report from The Tennessean.

Both Johnson and Williams have been suspended from all activities with the team.

The first victim, a 19-year-old University of Tennessee student, told police she was raped by two students early Sunday morning.  The second victim told police she was a victim of sexual assault.

According to The Tennessean‘s report, it is still undetermined if the assaults are related.

You can follow Jordan Mayton on Twitter at @macmayton

For more Tennessee sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport

1. Sexual assaults on campus are a common problem that usually goes unsolved. For the simple fact there are hundreds of young adults on campus at the same time; sexual activities are being performed on the daily bases. Rape is never a happy subject to discuss, regardless if it is someone you know or if the victim is a stranger. Some victims are a lot of times not even victims of rape or a sexual assault, but they cry “rape” or “sexual assault”, out of shame once they get pregnant cause the father of the child is unknown or they are upset cause their partner wants to cut ties with them. Without a precise investigation of what happened and the truth from both the victim or the salient; the truth will never be known.

In the case of All-SEC linebacker A.j Johnson being accused of rape, I believe it’s a publicity stunt to keep Mr. Johnson from playing. What is being said may sound like a conspiracy, but I think there are some people or a person who truly does not want A. J Johnson to succeed in his football career. Reasons why a conspiracy exists in my statements is cause most talents athletes who know that they will create an impact in the sport they play; try keeping themselves out of trouble instead of finding it. There has been plenty of athletes who have sexual intercourse with women then afterwards are accused of rape, and i think majority of them want attention or to continue a relationship with that star athlete.