Local Business Owners, Alumni Speak to Fraternities

MTSU’s Interfraternity Council held a leadership seminar for fraternity members at the Tom Jackson Building where keynote speakers Bob Parks and Shane Reeves walked the attendees through the personal success strategies they have applied in their personal lives, business ventures and time at MTSU.

Reeves, of Reeves-Sain medical, and  Parks, of Bob Parks Reality, are both local business owners and MTSU alumni. By identifying with the attendees as not only MTSU students, but also as members of Greek life, Reeves and Parks were able to effectively relate to the audience.

While Parks focused predominately on his plans and examples of giving back to the community, Reeves took the self-reflective approach of encouraging the attendees to be the “best me I can be”.

“Your faith, in whatever it may be, is what keeps you going,” Parks said.

After their philanthropic leadership speeches, both men participated in a Q&A session.

“Anyone who has had a heartbeat this long has had those thoughts; it’s just important that you remember your goal when you do,” Reeves added.

After the questions died-down, Reeves and Parks offered photos and answered questions for those present.

The evening ended with new goals for many of the audience members, as well as valuable tips and tricks for accomplishing those goals.

For more campus updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com 

Previous Tennessee looking to become bowl eligible against Missouri
Next VH1's <i>A Very Bonnaroo Thanksgiving</i> to Air Thursday