Blue Raiders grab fifth straight win over FAU

Middle Tennessee’s Blue Raider women (9-4, 3-0 C-USA) dominated another 40 minutes Saturday afternoon, taking down C-USA foe Florida Atlantic University (8-6, 2-1 C-USA), 101-69.

The Blue Raiders dominated from start to finish for a 3rd conference victory in as many games. Sophomore Olivia Jones led all scorers with 27 for a second straight game, while also pulling down seven rebounds. Senior forward Cheyenne Parker was a force to be reckoned with on the glass, finishing with an astounding 18 boards to go with her 26 points and 3 blocks. The duo of Jones and Parker were just two of the five Blue Raiders to finish in double digits.

Ty Petty, Brea Edwards and China Dow also made their mark in the scoring column. Petty tallied 13 points and four assists. Edwards ended her day with 10 points, while Dow finished with 14 points and five rebounds.

In the first half, the Owls led by as many as five on several occasions, up until the 12-minute-mark. From that point on, it was all Middle Tennessee. The Lady Raiders went on a 27-4 run to end the first half, finishing with a 53-31 lead at halftime.

The second half was a tale of consistency for the Lady Raiders, as they maintained their lead over the final 20 minutes of the game, finishing on an 8-2 run to earn a 32-point victory over the Owls.

The Lady Raiders dominated offensively and defensively on the glass, finishing with a 50-29 rebounding advantage. Shooting wise, Middle finished 50% from the field on 37-74 shooting, and 48% from behind the arc, connecting on 12 of their 25 shots from the three-point-line.

Shaneese Bailey was the lone bright spot offensively for FAU, scoring a team-high 27 and grabbing 7 rebounds. The Owls finished the day with 41% percent from the field on 27-65 shooting.

The Blue Raiders will look to continue their conference win streak at home on Thursday against Southern Mississippi. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Previous Photo Gallery: President Obama announces "America's College Promise"
Next Blue Raiders win 82-58 over FAU Owls