Graphic Design Alumni Showcased in Todd Exhibit

The “Tracking Characters: Connecting 40 Years of Design Grads” art exhibit opened Thursday evening in the Todd Art Gallery in Andrew L. Todd Hall.

Out of the eight exhibits that the gallery organizes each semester, this is the first one strictly for graphic designers. It consisted of various forms of art from digital photography to oils on canvas or even webpage design. Each piece was submitted by a graphic design alumnus who is currently working in the field.

“[The exhibit] in a sense, a homecoming, as well as a first of its kind, acknowledging the important contribution of the study of graphic design and its alumni to the art program at MTSU,” Gallery Director Eric Snyder said.

Designers were able to submit all types of media. According to Snyder, the organizers “wanted to highlight the artistry of each of the designers as individuals and show their art off as a whole.”

Snyder also mentioned how this year was different because they now have an online application process that helps organize the artists and their pieces. He looks forward to the rest of the semester with all the different pieces of art being submitted for upcoming galleries.

The exhibit will remain open until Feb. 12. The Todd Art Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Photo Gallery: Blue Raiders Defeat Charlotte at Home
Next MTSU Upset Bid Falls Short at Tennessee

1 Comment

1. […] Graphic Design Alumni Showcased in Todd Exhibit […]