Murfreesboro Police: University Ridge Drug Bust Results in Seven Arrests

Murfreesboro Police arrested seven individuals, two of them MTSU students, in a drug bust at University Ridge Apartments on Thursday afternoon.

According to the police report, the arrests were made after police were notified by a neighbor of the smell of marijuana emitting from the window of Apartment 410, later identified as MTSU student Joshua M. Walker’s apartment.

Officers Howe and Frazier “could immediately smell the odor of marijuana” at the front door when they arrived on the scene. Upon knocking, a third officer, Williams, observed bags of marijuana being thrown out of one of the apartment’s windows, according to the police report.

The marijuana was ultimately recovered and arrests occurred at 3:15 p.m.

In addition to Walker, the other individuals were identified as Curtis Lewis Reed Jr., 21, Tavion Asthen Garrett, 21, Megan O. Brown, 21, Tyler B. Johnson, 23, Dominique Wilkins, 22, and Clarence D. Roberts, 21. Reed, also a student, was found to be in possession of an unlicensed 9mm handgun.

All were charged with tampering with evidence, criminal conspiracy and felony possession of a Schedule VI Controlled Substance.

The discarded bags of marijuana were weighed at approximately 47.6 grams, worth approximately $900 in total.

For more campus news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Meagan White and Garrett Walker, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com 

Previous MTSU earns fifth straight road win, defeats ODU
Next Anti-Medicaid Expansion Lawmaker Criticizes Radio Ads