Winter Weather Expected to Stay through Week

Ice has covered parking lots and trees across campus after a winter weather advisory left the university closed on Monday, Feb. 16. (RJ Estrella/MTSU Sidelines)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Weather forecasters are urging motorists across most of Tennessee to stay off roads unless it’s an absolute emergency.

A wintry mix of sleet and freezing rain on Monday is expected to create up to a half-inch of ice on roads in parts of Middle Tennessee, and three-quarters of an inch in parts of West Tennessee.

The storm has caused the cancellation of some flights, and shutdown businesses and colleges.

Justyn Jackson is a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Nashville. He says the storm is expected to move out of most of Tennessee by Monday evening.

However, forecasters expect what’s on the ground to stick around most of the week, with temperatures not expected to get above freezing for most of the state until Saturday.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous MTSU Aerospace Introduces Unmanned Aircraft Concentration
Next MTSU Softball Picks Up Four Wins at Weekend Tournament