Blue Raiders’ Men’s Golf Finishes Eighth at Tournament

MOBILE, Ala. – Middle Tennessee’s men’s golf team ended the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate tournament in eighth place Tuesday after shooting a final round score of 296.

The Blue Raiders shot a total of 892 in their first tournament of the year, hosted by South Alabama at the Magnolia Grove Crossing Course.

After trailing by one stroke following play Monday, Auburn capitalized in the final round, winning the tournament with a score of 861. The host team, South Alabama, finished second with a final of 869. Ole Miss, Michigan State and Louisiana Tech rounded out the top five.

Senior Brett Patterson finished the day Tuesday with an even par 72, and a score of 221 total. Patterson finished the tournament tied for 19th, and was 11th overall in birdies with 10.

Fellow senior Payne Denman finished the tournament tied for 21st after shooting a final round 76. Denman finished with a total of 222 overall, and was tied for sixth in pars with 36.

Both sophomore Connor Slane and freshman Hoyeong Kim shot 74’s on Tuesday, finishing one stroke apart for the tournament, at 226 and 227. Slane ended the tournament tied for 36th, and Kim finished tied for 41st.

Sophomore Drake Duncan ended his run at the tournament with a 229 total, and was tied for 47th.

Freshman Connor Smith finished tied for 12th in the individual tournament, shooting a combined 231 over his three rounds.

Middle Tennessee is back on the road next week, as they will be playing in the Louisiana Classic next Monday and Tuesday.

Previous <i>Black in America</i>: Executive Producer Talks on Media Diversity
Next $1300 in Air Jordans Stolen from Raider's Ridge Apartments