Fans React to Blue Raiders’ Win Over WKU

Junior forward Jaqawn Raymond dribbles down court during the game against Marshall. Coach Kermit Davis and the Blue Raiders trample the Thundering Heard in a 90-51 victory on the night of Thursday February, 19th. (MTSU Sidelines/R.J. Estrella)

Sunday’s contest between Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky marked the second part of the “100 Miles of Hate” rivalry.

Rick Insell and the MTSU women’s team fell 63-60 to the Lady Toppers in the first game between the schools Saturday evening.

Even in the 100th anniversary of the rivalry between MTSU and Western Kentucky, Sunday’s men’s matchup lived up to the heated rivalries expectations.

Middle Tennessee earned a close 68-66 victory over the Hilltoppers. MTSU has now won the last three games against Western Kentucky, and eight of the last nine.

Fans of both teams had a lot to say after the drama-filled contest. MTSU fans took to Twitter to let Western Kentucky’s faithful hear about the Blue Raiders’ win.

Likewise, Western Kentucky fans took to social media to show their disapproval over Middle Tennessee’s win over the Hilltoppers.  

Previous MTSU Turns Over Ball, First Place to WKU
Next Blue Raiders Top WKU in Thriller