Fifty Shades of Grey | Film Review

Fifty Shades of Grey released just in time for Valentine’s Day and, unsurprisingly, is doing very well in theaters.

But do yourself a favor: Save your money.

The movie is 50 shades of disappointing. It follows the dialogue of the book to the letter for the most part. Usually I applaud that tactic in a novel-turned-movie. However, this is not one of those times.

The dialogue is terrible. The majority of the acting is subpar, and that’s being nice about it. Jamie Dornan tries to portray Christian Grey, the overzealous, billionaire control freak and female lead Anastasia’s love interest. His attempts will not go unnoticed, but it seems forced whereas the dialogue from the novel seemed as natural as a semi-BDSM and poorly-executed functional relationship can be.

If you look for plotlines in a movie, you’ve come to the wrong place. I suggest you watch Kingsman: The Secret Service this weekend. Or literally anything else.  The movie will make you laugh, cry (because you’re laughing at the bad acting and questionable content) and wonder, “Can they actually show porn in theaters now?”

For our thoughts on Fifty Shades of Grey (the novel), click here.

For more Film & TV reviews, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Blue Raider Men Blow Late Lead at North Texas
Next MTSU Baseball Falls Short of Sweep