Man Arrested After Shooting Through Woman’s Ceiling

Amy Wethington, 43, was sitting in the living room of her Bridge Avenue apartment Friday afternoon when a bullet came through her ceiling into her kitchen, according to a Murfreesboro police report.

Robert Shane Bowen, 43, was arrested for reckless endangerment with a firearm, two counts of violating his parole and aggravated robbery in connection with the shooting.

Wethington told police that she went outside after the shot was fired at around 3:40 p.m. to find Bowen on the porch of the apartment above hers with his girlfriend. Bowen was holding a long gun and told her he dropped it, causing it to discharge.

Officers met with the resident of the upstairs apartment, Charles Lillard, who said that the shot was fired during an altercation between Bowen and a person Lillard did not know.

At 3:47 p.m., officers arrived at a Battle Ave. apartment in response to a notice to be on the lookout for Bowen, finding Bowen and his girlfriend, Amie Seay.

Bowen is being held by the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office on $37,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court on March 7th.

For more local news updates, follow us at www.mtusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Max Smith, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com 

Previous Dr. Lauren Rudd Speaks to Honors College on Ornamentation and Assimilation in Native American Cultures
Next <i>Black in America</i>: Executive Producer Talks on Media Diversity