MTSU Hosts Sexual Responsibility Week Lecture

by Jamie Cooley // Staff Writer

MTSU’s sexual responsibility week continued with the lecture “Mr./Mrs. Right, Wrong, Right Now” held in the Carson-Kennedy Nursing building on Thursday evening.

Lisa Schrader, the director of health promotions at MTSU, put on the event with the help of a few students who are a part of the Student Health Services group. Schrader said this is the fifth year the group has held “Mr./Mrs,Right, Wrong, Right Now” and hopes to continue it.

“I try to always have this event around Valentine’s Day,” Shrader said. “I know a lot of students in relationships are thinking about this topic, and I want them to be in healthy relationships.”

Students were asked to give their opinions on what they saw as a healthy relationship. They participated in various activities to define Mr. or Mrs. Right or Wrong. The question of: Is this person only good for me right now? was one that caused a little banter among the students.

“Being in a healthy sexual and romantic relationship is a very important thing,” Schrader said.

For more campus event updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com