MTSU Men’s Golf Opens Up Spring Season

MOBILE, AL – The Blue Raider men’s golf team began their spring season Monday in Mobile, Alabama at the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate tournament.

Middle Tennessee sits in seventh place after two rounds, posting scores of 300 and 296, respectively.

The tournament, being played at the Magnolia Grove Crossings Golf Course (par 72, 7,160 yards), is currently led by the host team, South Alabama.

Mississippi and Auburn both trail South Alabama by one stroke going into the final round. Memphis and Louisiana Tech close out the top five.

MTSU senior Payne Denman sits tied for 14th after the first two rounds, posting scores of 72 and 74. Denman finished the day with five birdies.

Another MTSU senior, Brett Patterson, finished the day with round scores of 74 and 75, and is tied for 26th going into Tuesday’s round. Patterson, like Denman, finished the day with five birdies.

Sophomore Drake Duncan recovered from a frustrating first round to finish the day tied for 30th. Duncan shot a 77 in the first round, but responded with a score of 73 in the second round to close his day.

Connor Slane finished the day leading the field in pars with 29 after two rounds. Slane is tied for 40th after shooting a 78 in the first round and a 74 in the second.

Hoyeong Kim closed out the Blue Raiders tied for 47th overall after shooting a 77 and a 76.

Middle Tennessee will finish the final round in the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate Tournament tomorrow at 8 a.m. CST.

Previous East Main Street Man Robbed by Two Men and a Prostitute
Next Blue Raiders Earn Sweep Over Western Illinois