MTSU’s Turnham Added to NCAA Women’s Selection Committee

MTSU associate athletic director Diane Turnham has been appointed to the NCAA Division I women’s basketball committee.

She has been appointed to the committee on a five-year term and will begin her work with the committee on Sept. 1.

This is just one of many accomplishments that Turnham has achieved in her 33 years at Middle Tennessee.

Along with being a former Blue Raider volleyball coach and assistant women’s basketball coach, Turnham has also served on many other committees.

She served on the Division I women’s soccer committee from 2004 to 2008, serving as the committee chair in 2008. More recently, Turnham just finished her second year as chair of the Division I women’s volleyball committee.

While she has served many years on national committees, Turnham has also served in conference positions.

When MTSU was a member of the Sun Belt Conference, she served as the chair of the conference’s senior women’s administrators and as a member of the league’s executive staff committee until 2008.

Turnham’s accomplishments have not gone unnoticed at Middle Tennessee. She was voted MTSU’s employee of the year in 2001-2002.

Turnham is a member of the MTSU Hall of Fame, and she served two stints as interim athletic director.

In coaching, Turnham was a part of a winning tradition when she served as the Blue Raiders’ women’s volleyball coach, while also serving as the only assistant coach for the women’s basketball team during that time.

She ranks third on the all-time wins list in Middle Tennessee volleyball. As an assistant coach for women’s basketball, she helped lead MTSU to eight Ohio Valley Conference championships and six trips to the NCAA tournament.

Turnham graduated from Lipscomb in 1980. After playing four years of college basketball, she spent time as an assistant coach at Austin Peay.

Previous MTSU Student Brings 'Frozen' To Life With Mall, Hospital Visits
Next Stock Up, Stock Down: Blue Raider Basketball