MTSU Closed Again as Inclement Weather Continues

A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for the Middle Tennessee area until noon today because of continuing snowfall around I-65, according to the National Weather Service.

Snow is predicted to accumulate by one to three inches, with the Cumberland Plateau being hardest hit.

While the snow is expected to taper off by noon, very cold temperatures will persist today through much of Friday. A Wind Chill Advisory will remain in effect until from midnight to 6 a.m. Friday.

Travel is unadvisable during this time, as the accumulated snow compacts and turns to ice.

In New York, Laguardia International Airport has shut down all traffic until 7:00 tonight after a plane skidded off a runway.

MTSU was a trending topic on Twitter in the Nashville area last night as students wondered if they would have to brave the elements to get to class. The University finally announced that it would close at around 3:40 this morning, kicking off Spring Break early for some.

Nashville Metro and Rutherford County schools are also closed.

For More Weather Updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter @sidelines_News.

To Contact News Editor Max Smith, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous MTSU Women's Tennis Notches Fourth-Straight Win
Next Read the Fine Print: Where FERPA and HIPAA leave your medical records at risk