MTSU Men’s Golf Finishes Louisiana Classics in Sixth

LAFAYETTE, La. – Middle Tennessee’s men’s golf team finished the 30th annual Louisiana Classics tied for sixth after posting a final round score of 305 on Tuesday.

The Blue Raiders put up solid scores Monday posting 288 and 287 in the first two rounds.

Illinois posted low rounds Monday and never looked back, finishing a combined 19-under in the tournament. The Illini finished with rounds of 278, 279, and 288.

Texas State finished 22 strokes behind Illinois, earning second with an overall 3-over. Louisiana, Kent State, and Kansas rounded out the top five, all finishing within four strokes of each other.

Senior Payne Denman had the most impressive output for the Blue Raiders in the tournament, finishing fourth with a 4-under overall. Denman finished Monday tied for first after posting rounds of 68 and 69. Denman struggled on Tuesday, shooting a 75 Tuesday to finish with a 212 overall in the tournament.

Sophomore Drake Duncan recovered from a 79 opening round Monday to shoot rounds of 72 and 73 and finish tied for 41st. Duncan finished the two-day tournament with a final score of 224.

Sophomore Connor Slane finished just one stroke back of Duncan, and tied for 50th overall, posting a combined final score of 225. Slane finished with rounds of 75 and 71 on Monday, but limped to a 79 on Tuesday to finish 50th.

Senior Brett Peterson finished tied for 61st Tuesday, a setback for him after shooting a 71 in his first round Monday. Peterson shot a 76 and 81 in his second and third rounds, finishing a combined 228 overall.

Freshman Hoyeong Kim finished the lowest among the Blue Raiders, ending three strokes behind Peterson, finishing a combined 231 after shooting a 78 in his final round. Kim finished Monday tied for 74th after shooting rounds of 73 and 80.

The Blue Raider men’s golf team heads to Myrtle Beach, SC next week to take part in the General Hackler Invitational. The Invitational starts on Monday.

Previous Black Caucus calls for State House Majority Leader to Step Down
Next MTSU Women's Golf Still Tied for 15th at Hurricane Invitational