MTSU Men’s Golf Sits in Fourth After Two Rounds

LAFAYETTE, La. – Middle Tennessee’s men’s golf team is in fourth place after two rounds of play on Monday, sitting at 1-under par in the Louisiana Classics at the Oakbourne Country Club (Par 72).

The Blue Raiders are just one stroke behind third place Texas State. Defending tournament champion Illinois is setting a blazing pace, holding a 14-shot lead over second place Louisiana.

Senior Payne Denman has been impressive for MTSU. Denman is tied for first at 7-under par. His second round saw the senior sink six birdies. He would make 10 birdies on the day.

The senior recorded round totals of 69-68. He also leads the way in the tournament in par-5 scoring.

Sophomore Connor Slane and senior Brett Patterson are both in top 35 after two rounds of play. Slane is currently tied for 26th at 2-over. Slane started off shooting a 75 in round one, but he bounced back to shoot a 71 in round two that nearly let him end the day even.

Patterson sits 3-over after 36 holes. He is tied for 35th. He shot a respectable 71 in the first round, but he struggled in the second round, shooting a 76.

Sophomore Drake Duncan is tied for 59th, mostly due to a bad first round. Duncan shot a 79 in the first 18 holes. He improved in the second round though, managing an even-par, finishing the day at 7-over.

Freshman Hoyeong Kim had the lowest first-day score for the Blue Raiders. He is tied for 74th after the two rounds. He produced a 1-over score in the first round, but limped to an 80 (8-over) in the second round, leaving him with a 9-over score after the first day.

Middle Tennessee will look to move their way up the scoreboards on Tuesday. The final round starts bright and early at 7:30 a.m. CST.

Previous Four Cars Involved in a Fatal Wreck on Memorial Blvd
Next MTSU Women's Golf Finishes First Round in 15th