MTSU Women’s Golf Finishes First Round in 15th

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – Middle Tennessee’s women’s golf team started play Monday at the Hurricane Invitational, finishing the first round in 15th place, tallying a score of 305 at the Biltmore Golf Course (Par 71).

The No. 58 Blue Raiders shot 21-over par in the opening round, their first time on the golf course this spring season. No MTSU golfers shot under-par on the day.

Senior Allie Knight, junior Avery George and sophomore Samantha Gotcher all shot 5-over in the first round, leaving all three tied for 48th.

Junior Emily Miller is only one shot behind her three teammates. She shot a 6-over (77) in the opening 18 holes. Miller finished 60th after the first round of play.

Junior Maddie Denton finished a shot behind Miller. Denton recorded a 7-over (78) on the day, leaving her in 72nd place heading into round two.

The Blue Raiders put themselves in a deep hole after the first round. Seventh-ranked Northwestern paced the field after the first round, scoring a 280 (-4). No. 25 Iowa State is in second after a 2-over on the first day.

Middle Tennessee will have plenty of work to do to climb up the leaderboard. The second round gets underway Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. CST.

Previous MTSU Men's Golf Sits in Fourth After Two Rounds
Next MTSU Alum Street Symphony Talks Grammy Win