MTSU Women’s Golf Still Tied for 15th at Hurricane Invitational

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – Middle Tennessee’s women’s golf team remains tied for 15th after two rounds at the Hurricane Invitational after posting a second round total of 299 Tuesday at the Biltmore Country Club.

Senior Allie Knight finished Tuesday tied for 28th after shooting a 72 in round two. Knight, shooting a 76 in the first round of play Monday, sits at six-over and posted a combined score of 148 over the first two rounds.

Juniors Avery George and Emily Miller both shot 75’s on Tuesday, and sit just one stroke apart heading in to final round play Wednesday. George sits tied for 53rd, and is 9-over through two rounds. Miller sits tied for 60th after her second round, and is at 10-over after the second day of the invitational.

Sophomores Samantha Gotcher and Maddie Denton both finished with a 77 in round two Tuesday, and sit just two strokes apart heading into the final round. Gotcher posted a 76 in first round play Monday, and is tied for 66th overall at 11-over. Denton posted a 78 in her first round Monday, and is tied for 75th at 13-over.

Northwestern, ranked seventh nationally, is in first place heading into the final round. The Wildcats are the only team currently under-par, shooting six- under through the first two rounds.

Miami, the host team, sits in second at 7-over. Iowa State, Louisville, and South Florida round out the top five, and all three sit just three strokes apart overall.

Hannah Kim for Northwestern leads the field after two rounds, shooting 69 and 70 in the first two rounds, respectively. Kim is a combined 3-under, shooting a 139 overall heading into final round play.

The Blue Raiders will look to capitalize on strong second rounds Tuesday, as they head into Wednesday’s third and final round at the Hurricane Invitational. The final round will begin a 7 a.m. CST.

Previous MTSU Men's Golf Finishes Louisiana Classics in Sixth
Next Bohemian in Winter | Style Profile