Cheyenne Parker Granted ‘Second Chance’ After WNBA Draft Selection

UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Former Middle Tennessee women’s basketball star Cheyenne Parker was selected fifth overall in the Women’s National Basketball Association Draft Thursday by the Chicago Sky.

Parker became the fourth player to be drafted to the WNBA under MTSU head coach Rick Insell. The other three were: Alysha Clark, Chrissy Givens and Amber Holt.

Parker played her senior season at MTSU after transferring from High Point University in North Carolina.

Her season was cut short when she was dismissed from the school on Feb. 27 due to repeated violations of athletic department policy.

It was later revealed by Sidelines that she was dismissed for multiple failed drug tests due to the use of marijuana.

Now, Parker has a second chance after becoming the highest-ever draft pick in MTSU women’s basketball history.

“I’m truly blessed and I will never take my life for granted again,” Parker told Sidelines. “This really is my second chance.”

At the time of her dismissal, she was averaging 18.6 points and 11.0 rebounds, which ranked her second in Conference USA in both statistics. She also ranked in the top 20 of six NCAA Division I categories: offensive rebounds (first), triple-doubles (second), field goal percentage (seventh), blocked shots (sixth), rebounds (16th) and double-doubles (20th).

For more Blue Raiders sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

Previous MTSU Women's Tennis Defeats WKU in First Round of C-USA Championship
Next Shooting at Murfreesboro Bar Leaves One Critically Injured

1 Comment

1. Azizi
    April 16, 2015
    Reply

Yes indeed!