China Dow Transferring From MTSU

MURFREESBORO – China Dow, a sophomore guard for the Middle Tennessee women’s basketball team, has chosen to transfer from MTSU for the upcoming season.

The Louisville, Ky. native announced her intention to transfer this week, and the news was officially made public on Friday.

Attempts to contact Dow for a comment were unsuccessful as of Friday.

Dow played in all 34 games this season for the Blue Raiders and started six of those games.

On the season, Dow averaged 16.4 minutes per game, scoring 6.1 points per game, and grabbing 2.9 rebounds per game in her time on the hardwood. The 5-foot-8 guard shot 41.6 percent from the field on the year and 25.0 percent from 3-point range. She also played in all 34 games during her freshman year, averaging just 4.1 points per game in her inaugural season at MTSU.

She scored a career-high 18 points early on in the 2014-15 campaign in a win against Miami back in November.

Dow, a former Miss Kentucky Basketball nominee, was a four-star recruit coming out of Christian Academy of Louisville. She was the 90th-ranked prospect in the country in 2013 according to ESPN’s HoopGurlz rankings.

The sophomore played in all 68 games during her Blue Raider career. She made 22 starts during that time.

Dow now becomes the third player to either leave or be dismissed from the team since October.

Senior star Cheyenne Parker was dismissed from the team on Feb. 27 for a violation of athletic department policy.

Shy Copney, also a member of MTSU’s 2013 recruiting class with Dow, transferred before the 2014-15 season began.

For more Blue Raiders sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

Previous MTSU Hosts Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Anti Violence Campaign
Next Nashville Fashion Week Schedule Includes Runway Shows, Art Exhibits