Easy Recipes for the Vegan College Student

The only thing more frustrating than being a broke college student is being a hungry, vegan college student. Thankfully, these three recipes are here to help you out on your short study and work breaks.

Vegan Rice “Ramen

I like to refer to this recipe as vegan rice “ramen” because it is a cheap, easy go-to much like the dorm-room staple that is the mircowave ramen noodle meal.

Ingredients:

1 cup of your favorite rice
½ a bag of frozen mixed vegetables
½ block of chopped firm tofu
A dash of teriyaki sauce for taste

Cook rice and tofu separately according to packaging directions, and then simply stir all ingredients together.

Minute-Ready Bean Burritos

Ingredients:

1 can pinto beans
1 bag tortillas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bag minute-ready brown rice

Cook rice separately. Mash and heat pinto beans. Mix ingredients. For taste, add ¼ cup of your favorite salsa.

Avocado Tomato Quesadillas

Ingredients:

1 bag sun-dried tomato basil tortillas
3-5 avocados
2-4 tomatoes

Slice avocados and tomatoes and apply a favored amount of each to one tortilla. Spray skillet with olive oil or canola spray and cook quesadilla on skillet (with stove-top set on medium high) until fully cooked, flipping the tortilla every few minutes.

For more Lifestyles articles, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com

Previous College Democrats and College Republicans Work Together to Encourage Political Involvement
Next MTSU Manages Just Three Hits in Loss to Marshall