Murfreesboro Apartment Shooting Results in Two Injuries

Two shooting victims were rushed to Vanderbilt Hospital with critical injuries after a shooting off South Rutherford Boulevard in Murfreesboro early Sunday morning, according to a release by WSMV.

The shooting occurred at approximately 1:30 a.m. at the University Gables apartments, Public Information Officer Kyle Evans for the Murfreesboro Police Department told WSMV.

Police have no suspects at this time.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Murfreesboro Police at (615) 893-2717.

For more local news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact News Editor Max Smith, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com 

1. The recent shooting at University Gables apartments has left MTSU students feeling very unsafe. I live in another apartment complex on South Rutherford Boulevard, which is very close to University Gables. I also have close friends that actually do live at University Gables. When I heard about the shooting that took place Sunday morning, I was very concerned about the safety of MTSU students that choose to live off-campus. Incidents such as Sunday morning’s shooting will continue to hurt the enrollment of incoming students at MTSU, due to safety concerns. I firmly believe that the city of Murfreesboro and the MTSU community must work harder to assure students a safe college experience – whether they are living on campus or not. I believe that MTSU should begin reaching out to students about recent crimes or violent occurrences around their campus. By having a transparent policy about the happenings around campus and in the Murfreesboro area, both students and their families would feel much safer choosing MTSU for their college education. I believe that Murfreesboro is a beautiful city with so much to offer its residents! I hope that incidents like Sunday mornings’ are not becoming a regular occurrence here in Murfreesboro.