Murfreesboro Police Respond to Shooting on Bradyville Pike, Two Injured

Murfreesboro Police responded to a call in reference to a shooting at the Altitude Apartments on Bradyville Pike Tuesday night.

One suspect, identified as Brandon Dukes, was arrested on the scene. Dukes, 31, matched the physical description given by witnesses and originally lied to the officer about his identity, according to the incident report.

Further investigation revealed that there were two victims of the shooting, a female who was located at a Walmart off South Rutherford Blvd. and a male who was found at the Publix off South Rutherford, according to the report.

The initial witness on the scene, Jonathon Haddock, 22, told the responding officer that he heard two shots in the parking lot in front of Building L of the apartment complex, according to the incident report.

Haddock said he then observed a dark blue SUV leaving the parking lot, headed towards South Rutherford at “a high rate of speed” and stated that he saw a tall, thin black male standing near the entrance of the complex “fire approximately four rounds out of a handgun at the fleeing vehicle.”

After speaking with Haddock, the responding officer made contact with the complainant, Toshiba Wade, 38, who advised that she heard gunshots and saw the same blue SUV fleeing the scene.

According to the incident report, four shell casings were found on the scene in a location consistent with the witnesses testimony.

The MPD detectives arrived on the scene and took over the investigation.

For more local news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact News Editor Max Smith, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com 

Previous MTSU Women's Golf Wins C-USA Title
Next Riverdale Student in Custody for Assaulting Football Coach, Trial Date Set