Nashville Fashion Week Schedule Includes Runway Shows, Art Exhibits

Ashley Rhoden | Staff Writer

This is the week we have waited the longest to tell you about is finally almost here. It’s time for the 2015 Nashville Fashion Week, and we’ve finally gotten our hands on the schedule.

Nashville Fashion Week will take place April 7-11, with tickets ranging from $30 to $1,250.

The fun begins with a week-long celebration of NFW called Nashville Shops where 40 boutiques in the Nashville area will be hosting special events, urging their customers to attend.

On Tuesday, April 7, fashion photographer Nigel Barker, widely known for his work on America’s Next Top Model, will be holding a book signing event from 4-6 p.m. at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville.

At 7 p.m. the same night at Broadway’s Acme Feed and Seed, fashion designers Amanda Valentine, Eric Adler, Maria Silver, Truly Alvarenga, Ashley Balding, Leslie Stephens and Van Hoang will present a showcase.

On Wednesday, April 8 at the The Cordelle on Lindsey Avenue, accessory designers will be recognized as art designers, and have their designs presented as an art installation at 7 p.m.

On Thursday, April 9 Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams are hosting a silent auction and art exhibition featuring handbag designer Ceri Hoover and sculptor Herb Williams at 6 p.m.

The biggest event, however, will be Friday, April 10 on the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge at 7 p.m., a Ready-To-Wear runway showcase. The designers are to be announced later.

On the final night, Saturday, April 11, The Rosewall on McGavock Street will be hosting the Inaugural Fashion Awards Gala at 7 p.m.

For more information, visit the Nashville Fashion Week website.

For those of you who cannot make it this year, we promise to provide you with a full recap of one incredibly fast-paced and fashionable week in Nashville.

For updates on Nashville Fashion Week, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Life

To contact lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com