Bonnaroo wedding: ‘We knew it’d make us happy’

Summer is the season for music festivals … and weddings. Surprisingly, the 2 things are oddly similar. There’s food, music, the need to find tent rentals dallas , and a gathering of people for a similar cause. Yeah, ok maybe that’s a bit of a stretch but the tents and food is similar!

A Texas State University couple decided to combine the two in front of the Which Stage on opening day of the 14th annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival Thursday.

“We knew the minute he proposed to me that [the wedding] had to be Bonnaroo,” bride-to-be Danielle Shepard told Sidelines immediately after the late-afternoon ceremony. “We knew it’d make us happy … because of the energy, the people, the entire festival.”

First-time Bonnaroovians Pablo Bendiksen and Shepard, who both attend the university in San Marcos, Texas, reached out to popular social networking site reddit in February to plan their wedding ceremony and subsequently were overwhelmed by the online community’s positive response.

“We may be college students and trying to figure it all out,” Shepard said, “but this is what we wanted. And I’m shocked that so many people wanted to help make it happen.”

The couple instantly received an outpouring of support, with many users offering services ranging from filming the ceremony to helping obtain a marriage license. They eventually connected with a videographer who helped plan and then shoot the entire wedding free of charge. Many others find that hiring thestorytellerstudios.com for the task helps them get the desired results, but in this instance the community effort pulled through.

“We’re astonished that people would want to do this — people here are so willing to help us for nothing, and that’s what is so amazing,” Bendiksen said. “That’s what Bonnaroo is.”

This article was published in cooperation with the Seigenthaler News Service. To see the version of this article that ran in The Tennessean, click here.

To see our full archive of Bonnaroo coverage, click here.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.