Zach Galifianakis, Jon Hamm make surprise appearance at Bonnaroo

Comedy fans were treated to a surprise performance from Hangover star Zach Galifianakis Saturday evening at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival during comedian Chris Hardwick‘s performance.

As opening comic April Richardson left the stage at the Comedy Theatre, she started to introduce the next act, who would presumably be Hardwick. Instead, she welcomed Galifianakis to the stage for a 15-minute performance.

The comic, who last played Bonnaroo in 2008, delivered his set in his typical, non-linear fashion, tackling topics ranging from buying a new refrigerator to Louis C.K. introducing him to Chris Rock during the 2008 edition of the festival.

Another unexpected cameo came when Mad Men star Jon Hamm joined Galifianakis on stage for a non-sequitur bit during which Galifianakis was a dog and Hamm was his owner, feeding him treats. The bit may have been brief and unexplained, but it was hilarious nonetheless.

Zach Galifianakis, left, and Jon Hamm, right, perform at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tenn. on Saturday, June 13, 2015. (MTSU Sidelines / John Connor Coulston)

Chris Hardwick followed Galifianakis with a 45-minute set touching on everything from the zombie apocalypse to his chihuahua having a seizure.

Hardwick, who hosts Comedy Central’s @midnight and the Walking Dead-themed talk show Talking Dead on AMC, also recounted playing Nashville comedy club Zanies and singing Foreigner’s “I Want to Know What Love Is” with Tom Cruise during a panel at San Diego Comic Con 2013.

Check out our photos from the performance below:

This article was published in cooperation with the Seigenthaler News Service. To see the version of this article that ran in The Tennessean, click here.

To see our full archive of Bonnaroo coverage, click here.

Follow John Connor Coulston on Twitter at @JCCoulston.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.