Breakdown of Apple’s fall keynote event

Dwight Harris //Contributing writer

During last Wednesday’s fiery keynote, tech giant Apple announced the newest iterations of iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.

Most significant was the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, which decisively overhauls Apple?s tablet line. The monster tablet boasts a 5.6 million pixel display, desktop-class computing power through its A9X chip and four-way speakers that balance themselves according to how it?s held.

The new iPad Pro will also be Apple?s first device ever to have a stylus. It?s called Apple Pencil, to be sold separately for about $100, only usable on iPad Pro. Smart Keyboard, an evolution of the original iPad covers, is another iPad Pro-exclusive accessory introduced in the keynote, to be sold for about $170.

The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus receives 3-D Touch, 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel cameras, plus a more powerful A9 and M9 chipset. They’ve also introduced a new upgrade program, allowing iPhone users to always have the latest device, unlocked, on the carrier of their choice for about $33 a month. iOS 9?s release date was set at Sept. 16.

Though it is still not as upmarket aesthetically as something like a silver wrist watch, the Apple Watch gains new bands and vibrant color choices, one of which was a joint effort between Apple and partner Hermes, the luxurywear French company. This led to details on Watch OS 2, tagged with a release date of Sept. 16. This is an exciting time for Apple, and it clearly shows it’s customers that it is still gaining in popularity quickly. Apple is constantly growing and creating new designs with their Apple watches (and most of their other products). There is a good reason for this, which you can find out by reading how apple grew its watch division so quickly here?

Last but certainly not least: a thicker, more capable Apple TV that changes what you?ve come to expect from the big screen. The new device can run its own apps, games and comes with a Siri-enabled remote. And speaking of the remote: no more endless button-pushing, as the remote boasts a touchscreen surface.

The price tag for the Apple TV starts at $149 for the 32GB version. Not bad. It is slated for release in October.

I suppose it?s also worth mentioning that the iPad Mini 4 was released as well, and is probably the only thing from the event besides the new watch band color choices that is available immediately. There were practically no changes to iPad, outside of slightly faster graphics and wireless. That?s about it for Apple?s September keynote event. What will you buy?

For more updates on new technology, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at@Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Rhiannon Gilbert email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com