Blue Raider Football Running Back Bryson Now Facing Assault Charge

Middle Tennessee running back Jeremiah Bryson was arrested Sunday morning on an attachment order for child support. The 23-year old was detained around 10 a.m. and left the Rutherford County Adult Detention center a few hours later.

Bryson was arrested again around noon on Monday, and faces a simple-assault charge for an incident that occurred near the 400 block of Mill Circle.

The senior from Smyrna, Tennessee, has played more recently for the Blue Raiders as the team is injury-plagued at the running back position. In Saturday’s loss at Western Kentucky, Bryson rushed for 76 yards including a 29-yard touchdown.

As of Tuesday, the back was cleared for this weekend’s game. No details have emerged as to whether the most recent charge affects his status.

If out, it looks like the rushing duties will fall to freshman Desmond Anderson, who saw extensive snaps in the second half of Saturday’s game. Anderson has shown promise in limited time this season.

No announcement has been made yet whether starter Shane Tucker will play this weekend, or the extent of Jordan Parkers’ injury that forced him out in the first quarter of last Saturday’s game.

Middle Tennessee takes on FIU Saturday at Floyd Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 11 a.m.

For more Blue Raider sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport

Previous Match Records' MTSU Beat Battle 2015 approaches
Next 'Fetty Wap' | Album Review