High School Games of the Week: Oct. 9

By: Nick Griesback//Contributing Writer

Montgomery Bell Academy (7-0) at Brentwood Academy (5-1):  The top ranked division 2 MBA will travel to take on the second ranked Brentwood Academy. MBA is led by running back Ty Chandler who is averaging 166.1 rushing yards, 17 touchdowns on the ground and 21 total.

As a team MBA is averaging 264.1 yards per contest. Look for them to control the tempo in Friday’s contest.

Lipscomb Academy (5-1) at Franklin Road Academy (7-0): Lipscomb Academy, who is the fourth ranked team in class 4A, will be taking on FRA who are the sixth ranked team in division 2. FRA will have Spence Jones under center, who has 610 yards through the air on the season and has a 10-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

FRA also brings in a run game that averages 285.4 yards. Even with this potent offense, look for Lipscomb to come out with a victory Friday night.

Haywood (4-2) at Oakland (5-1): Oakland will come into the game as the second ranked team in Class 6A. Oakland has LSU-bound wide receiver Jacoby Stevens, a big-play threat for the offense, who will also help Oakland’s defense at safety.

Oakland’s ability to make big home run plays gives them the edge over Haywood Friday.

For more Blue Raider sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport

Previous Fantasy Football Week 5: Start 'Ems and Sit 'Ems
Next Blue Raiders receive $1.5 million from Alabama game