Man arrested for DUI charges and resisting arrest

A man was arrested on DUI charges as well as resisting arrest on Tuesday around 7 p.m., according to a report from the Murfreesboro Police Department.

Adam Eaton, 36, was pulled over by an officer at the intersection of Middle Tennessee Blvd. and Kirkwood Ave. The officer had been searching for Eaton’s vehicle in regards to a call from the Rutherford County Emergency Medical Service reporting that he was allegedly having a seizure.

Eaton was unresponsive to verbal commands to unlock his car or put it in park, and pulled out a can of compressed gas duster, which he inserted into his right nostril and began to inhale.

The officer busted the back window on the driver’s side in order to gain control of Eaton and the vehicle. After placing the vehicle in park and turning off the ignition, he removed the can of duster from Eaton’s lap and grabbed his right arm. Another officer, who had arrived on the scene to assist, grabbed Eaton’s left arm. Eaton began to resist but was successfully placed on the ground after a brief struggle and placed into custody.

Eaton was transported to St. Thomas Rutherford by RCEMS for injuries sustained during arrest as well as huffing the duster. After being cleared by the medical staff, he was transported to the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office, where he submitted a blood test and was booked.

An incident report was filed by officers due to the use of force during the arrest.

For more community news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines.

To contact news editor Sarah Grace Taylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous Run the Jewels pay homage to their 'favorite city' during Nashville performance
Next Murfreesboro Police respond to bomb threat at Cell Tone Plus