Two students injured in DUI crash at Middle Tennessee and Greenland

Two MTSU students were injured in a traffic crash last Wednesday around 12:04 a.m., according to the Tennessee Electronic Traffic Crash Report.

MTSU senior Meagan White, 21, and sophomore Sarah Taylor, 18, were traveling south on Middle Tennessee Blvd., attempting to turn left onto Greenland drive when another driver failed to stop at a red light and struck their vehicle.

After the other driver, Edward Stoutemire, 24, failed his field sobriety test and had a handgun in his front cup holder, Murfreesboro Police searched his vehicle and found 14 grams of marijuana. Stoutemire was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, possession of a “schedule VI” substance, failure to obey traffic controls, and carrying a weapon while under the influence.

The two students were transported to St. Thomas Rutherford Hospital and treated for their injuries. Stoutemire was released from the Rutherford County Jail after posting bail and is set to appear in court on November 24.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines

To contact News Editor Sarah Grace Taylor, email news@mtsusidelines.com 

Previous Vice President of Marketing makes transparency in SGA a priority
Next If you say anything, you'll never be anything: breaking the silence about sexual assault on campus