Brouwer, Cox, Jorgensen all given C-USA Soccer Honors

Three Blue Raider soccer players earned conference honors Tuesday. Senior goalkeeper Kelsey Brouwer was named Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year and named to the All-Conference first team, while both Cameron Cox and Emily Jorgensen earned All-Conference second team honors.

“We are extremely proud of the recognition that our three player received, as it speaks to the consistency and effort level with which they have played throughout the season,” head coach Aston Rhoden said. “In a league as strong as C-USA, it is difficult to get everyone recognized, but the most important thing is how much we value the contribution that every player makes to our team.”

Brouwer has been the best player for the Blue Raiders this season, posting nine shutouts, a school record. In her career, Brouwer has 26 shutouts and 32 wins. A win over rice would be the 33rd for the senior, the most all-time at Middle Tennessee.

Cameron Cox, a sophomore midfielder for the Blue Raiders, earned second team all conference honors with her spectacular play both offensively and defensively. The Georgia native has been vital for Middle Tennessee, especially of late in their stretch of long-games, with four straight double-overtime outings.

“All you have to do is look at Cameron’s minutes to see why she is on this list,” Rhoden said. “She is our unsung hero who gets a lot of the dirty work done in the midfield for us.”

Senior Emily Jorgensen rounded out the Blue Raiders honors, scoring three of the 18 goals this season. The forward was vital this season, creating multiple chances, and finishing the teams’ only penalty kick of the regular season.

Middle Tennessee takes on defending C-USA champion Rice to open the conference tournament at 12:30 on Wednesday.

For more Blue Raider sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

To contact Interim Sports Editor Connor Ulrey, email sportseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups: Week 9
Next 'GO:OD AM' by Mac Miller | Album Review