Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups: Week 10

By: Jim Bratton//Contributing Writer

Last week was a big week for fantasy owners. Here are some names to be looking for on the waiver wire if your lineup needs a little more juice in week 10.

Brandon Bolden/James White, RBs, New England Patriots– With running back Dion Lewis out for the year after suffering an ACL injury, the Patriots will need one of their other running backs to step into the Lewis’ pass-catching role. Brandon Bolden made a statement with 9 fantasy points against the Redskins in Lewis’ absence. But another name to keep in mind is second-year running back James White. He was very productive in college at Wisconsin, and filled in previously for Lewis earlier this season.

Davante Adams, Wide Receiver, Green Bay Packers– In his return from injury, Adams finished with seven catches for 93 yards (11 fantasy points) against a Panthers defense that had been playing as good as any defense in the league. Now that he is fully healthy, Adams could provide any fantasy wide receiving corps a boost. Look for Adams to have a big week against a poor Lions pass defense.

Karlos Williams, Running Back, Buffalo Bills– Speaking of players that just returned from injury, Bills’ running back Karlos Williams is another big name to look for. Against the Dolphins, Williams finished with nine carries for 110 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Williams’ play last week resulted in 23 fantasy points, that performance was huge, in a week where many RB’s didn’t produce as much as expected. He is still behind LeSean McCoy on the depth chart, but with the way the Bills run the football, I still see Williams as a viable flex option.

Brandin Cooks, Wide Receiver, New Orleans Saints– I wouldn’t have blamed you if you dropped Brandin Cooks from your roster earlier in the season. If you did, it’s time to pick him back up from the waiver wire. Cooks has scored 33 combined fantasy points the last two weeks, finishing with six catches for 88 yards and two touchdowns against the Giants, and four catches for 71 yards and a touchdown against the Titans. Cooks faces a very favorable matchup this week against the Redskins, especially with the way Drew Brees moves the ball around in the passing game.

Dorial Green-Beckham, Wide Receiver, Tennessee Titans– Dorial Green-Beckham had his best game of the season so far this past Sunday, finishing with five catches for 77 yards and seven fantasy points. Although we have only seen flashes of what the rookie receiver could become, he is a viable waiver wire option for any fantasy team looking for some help at wide receiver. Look for Green-Beckham to find rhythm, especially with Marcus Mariota now back in the starting lineup for the Titans.

For more Blue Raider sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

To contact Interim Sports Editor Connor Ulrey, email sportseditor@mtsusidelines.com.