MTSU senior frat leader arrested for rape, robbery and impersonating an officer

Middle Tennessee State University business senior Clinton Knox III was arrested Monday on one count of rape, one of aggravated rape, one of aggravated robbery and two counts of impersonating an officer.

The Murfreesboro Police Department arrested Knox on multiple warrants, from an incident taking place in late April, after an anonymous call that disclosed his location.

Knox, a MTSU Student Government Association senator, was named Grand Board Director by the MTSU chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi in August, according to the Daily News Journal.

MTSU spokesman Andrew Oppmann said the university was unaware of the accusations until he was contacted by the media.

“We take these matters very seriously and we are currently seeking more information,” Oppmann said.

Knox was transported to the Davison County Jail where he is being held without bond for DNA testing. Each of the five charges hold a $75,000 bond according to the Davidson County Sheriffs Office.

For more community news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines.

To contact news editor Sarah Grace Taylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups: Week 11
Next Blue Raider Basketball Falls in Opener at Murray State

1 Comment

1. Draper
    February 3, 2016
    Reply

This was very shocking! Since my freshman year of attending MTSU, Ive known Clinton. He was a very suave, cool guy. I never in a million years would anticipate the accusations he was accused of. When I first read the story I knew from the beginning this was false information. He is now released from evidence that he didn’t commit the charges based off the DNA testing that was did. I hate that he and his family even have to go through this devastating experience. The man, my friend, had a lot going for his self and gave back to MT helping young men grow and better themselves. His involvement, passion, and even his great background shows that he was a remarkable person. When I first read this news story, I figured someone was just trying to set him up to where he will lose everything. When Knox appeared in court he pleaded not guilty. I took from this that I should be careful of everything I do and THINK! It will be the simplest thing I can do to be able to stay out of trouble. Many prayers should go up to him, his family, and even to his girlfriend for the embarrassment they had to go through.