Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Bonnaroo adds permanent amenities, car camping fee

By Evan Dunne // Contributing Writer | Photo courtesy of Big Hassle

While we may not have the 2016 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival lineup to drool over just yet, the folks at “The Farm” announced some significant additions to this year’s facilities on Tuesday.

According to the festival’s website, Manchester’s Great State Park is currently having a permanent water line installed beneath its grounds. The water line will supply various new accommodations, including more than 400 flushable toilets and hundreds of permanent showers, as well as additional water filling stations. However, for every sleek, shiny throne of porcelain, there is a price.

In the same update, Bonnaroo announced the introduction of a vehicle pass program. The program requires that every standard vehicle purchase a pass to be permitted into the campgrounds. Car Camping Passes are priced at $59.75, while one-day Parking Passes are available for $39.75. Purchasing an additional Camping Pass will not secure more camping space unless an additional vehicle is driven as well. Festival organizers say this additional fee has been added to help pay for the new amenities, as well as to encourage festival-goers to carpool, reducing the festival’s carbon footprint, and saving space on the grounds.

Some people may use caravans/motorhomes to go to events such as these as it helps them reduce their carbon footprint and fit more people in. However, for some people using this type of transportation can become costly and they want to be able to spend it on this unique festival experience. This is where finance options like Auto Finance Online come in useful for those who want to make it as affordable as possible without breaking the bank.

Paying for simple refreshments like water can soon add up over the course of a festival as well, so when camping, even on a smaller scale than those who do it in a survival-inspired way, it’s probably a good idea to take your own supplies with you. Finding the right water container for camping is very important to make sure that you can keep it all secure and cool over the course of a few days.

While Bonnaroovians may be less than pleased at the additional price tag, they may rest easier knowing there is a decreased likelihood of drinking egg-flavored well-water while struggling to hover over a porta-potty seat this summer.

Check out the concept art for the bathroom and shower amenities below:

Bonnaroo Showers Great Stage Park
Concept art for the new shower amenities at Great Stage Park in Manchester, Tenn. (Bonnaroo)
Bonnaroo Bathrooms Great Stage Park
Concept art for the new bathroom amenities at Great Stage Park in Manchester, Tenn. (Bonnaroo)

For our full archive of Bonnaroo coverage, click here.

For more events and updates, follow us at ww.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.