Center for the Arts offers special showing of ‘Into the Woods’

Into the Woods Murfreesboro Center for the Arts
The Center for the Arts' production of "Into the Woods," running from Jan. 15-31. (FILE)

By Matthew Burnette // Contributing Writer

The Murfreesboro Center for the Arts is offering a special “pay-what-you-can” discount for Thursday’s 7 p.m. performance of the Sondheim classic Into the Woods as a result of last week’s severe weather.

Using the promo code “magic beans” over the phone or at the box office, ticket buyers will receive the discount, allowing them to pay whatever amount they want for tickets. The CFA added the extra performance on Thursday in hopes of recouping some of its losses from two cancelled shows during the recent snowstorm.

Into the Woods tells the story of some of the most beloved fairy tales, such as Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Little Red Riding Hood, and what comes after “Happily Ever After.”

Though the discount is only available for Thursday’s show, Into the Woods will end its run with two evening shows set for Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and two showings on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.

For tickets and information, visit the Center’s website or call at (615) 904-2787.

To see our thoughts on the performance, read our recent review.

Follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous 'X-Files' revival has rough beginning, promising future | TV Review
Next MTSU Parking: Answers to all your FAQs