Spring Student Organization Fair 2016 | Photo Gallery

Junior Business Finance major Aaliyah Yisrael checks out one of the student organizations at the MTSU Student Organization Fair in the Student Union Ballroom on Wednesday, January 27. (MTSU Sidelines/Bennie Hunt)

Student organizations representing a variety of interests and majors were represented at the Student Organization Fair in the Student Union Ballroom Wednesday afternoon.

Social, political, professional and philanthropic groups were a part of the fair, such as Relay for Life, Film Guild, Women’s Rugby and the student chapter of the NAACP.

Senior, Victoria Murray, was there with the Liberty in North Korea organization.

“Liberty in North Korea wants to help those who want to escape from North Korea get out,” Murray said. “We do fundraisers and we raise money to support them, not only once they get into China to get out, but also afterwards for education, for jobs, for getting citizenship- whatever they need.”

When asked why the Student Organization Fair was important, junior LeeAnne Ledwell, also from Liberty in North Korea, said that not a lot of students know about the different organizations around campus, or how to find them.

“Having these advertisements in the Student Union where there’s a lot of traffic, [students] can come upstairs and see what all we have to offer,” Ledwell said.

See our photo gallery from the Student Organization Fair below:

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Bonnaroo 2016: Who to see, avoid and discover
Next State Senator Dolores Gresham files bill limiting college tuition increases