A Look at Murfreesboro’s Newest Juice Bar

Photo courtesy of Juice Bar

Juice Bar, a local chain of smoothie stores, opened a new store in Murfreesboro less than a few weeks ago. This new store has become a popular destination for all sorts of health-conscious eaters, so I went and checked out the Juice Bar for myself.

The new establishment is located on 804 North Thompson Ln. in the same area as some of Murfreesboro’s newest restaurants and stores. It’s hard to miss this store since it’s the first building you see when you turn right off Medical Center Parkway on North Thompson. The store is small and provides only a handful of tables for customers, but that fits well with Juice Bar’s demographic.

“We’ve had young and old,” Anthony Anderson, owner of Murfreesboro’s Juice Bar, said. “People who work out, people that are looking to do a juice cleanse, people just looking for a healthy option in Rutherford County.”

Anderson explained that since its founding in 2013 in Brentwood, Tennessee, Juice Bar has expanded to most of the southern United States with stores spanning from Texas to South Carolina. Anderson became the franchise owner of this Juice Bar when he visited the corporate headquarters in Brentwood and fell in love with the business.

“I fell in love with the entire experience,” Anderson said. “From the venue, from the tenderness of the staff, to just the healthy concept.”

It is easy to see why Anderson would fall in love with a place like this. I visited Juice Bar on a busy Saturday afternoon, and the workers managed to serve me my drink within moments after taking my order. The drink, an energizer shot made of coconut water and peppermint oils with a touch of orange, was a fresh burst of energy that kept me refreshed for the rest of the afternoon. Anderson said he starts every morning by drinking an Orange You Glad, a juice that mixes healthy foods like carrots, apples, pineapples, lemon, ginger and mint.

“We want to be the place where people kind of come to get away from the madness of their day,” Anderson said, mentioning the free wi-fi and large community table as reasons that make the Juice Bar a popular hang-out destination.

And this is Juice Bar, one of the latest additions to Murfreesboro’s community of stores and restaurant. Juice Bar is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day of the week, and the full menu can be found here.

Follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.