Brea Edwards wins ‘Ann Meyers Drysdale National Player of the Week’

Senior guard Brea Edwards racked up another pair of awards this week including the Ann Drysdale National Player of the Week award and is having another fantastic season for the Blue Raiders. The Rockford, Illinois native averaged 23.0 points per game this week in wins over Marshall and Western Kentucky and continues to be a top rebounder, averaging 9.5 boards per game in the wins.

Edwards was also named C-USA Player of the Week for the third time this season and joined Brandi Wingate as the only two players with three honors this year.

Edwards was dominant against Western Kentucky and finished with 29 points and 12 rebounds, and she now has four double-doubles this season. The guard has been locked in from behind the arc this season and ranks among the top 25 nationally in multiple categories, including sixth in 3-point field goals per game (3.25). She’s also eighth in the nation in both 3-point field goals (65) and 3-point field goal percentage (45.1).

The senior is averaging 18.8 points per game this season and 7.1 rebounds per game. Edwards also averages a team-high 36 minutes per game and has taken control since Olivia Jones left the program.

One of her more remarkable stats is that she has made at least one 3-pointer in 34 straight games (dating back to last season). Edwards will look to continue her strong 2015-2016 campaign as the Blue Raiders hit the road this week for two more C-USA matchups.

Middle Tennessee takes on Florida Atlantic this Thursday in Boca Raton. Tipoff is slated for 6 p.m.

For more sports features, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

To contact Sports Editor Connor Ulrey, email sports@mtsusidelines.com.