Power outage scheduled from Sunday to Tuesday

An electrical power outage is scheduled for Sunday, March 6, through Tuesday, March 8, in various buildings and areas on campus.

Beginning on Sunday at 7 a.m. Abernathy Hall, Ezell Hall, Womack Lane apartments, the recreation fields and Greek Row will lose power until 9 a.m.

The Student Union, Student Services & Admissions Center, Student Services Parking Garage, Student Recreation Facility and Honors College will also lose power at 7 a.m. Sunday, but will be remain dark until 7 p.m.

On Monday and Tuesday, the Student Recreation Facility and Honors College will be the only buildings without power for the entire day. Other areas of campus including Abernathy Hall, Ezell Hall, Womack Lane apartments, the recreation fields and Greek Row will lose power again for a two hour duration on Tuesday, which times will be determined for on Monday.

MTSU’s Construction Administration has advised that students turn off electronic devices, including computers, in the buildings that will be affected by the outage.

Despite the outages, the wellness center has emergency power for refrigerators, and the Student Union has emergency generators in case a student is in need of Life Safety equipment.

For questions concerned the power outage, students can call the Construction Administration at 615-898-2697.