Student assaulted at University Ridge Apartments

By Evan Dunne // Staff Writer 

Murfreesboro Police responded to a report of aggravated domestic assault towards an MTSU student on Wednesday.

The assault occurred at University Ridge Apartments, located on South Rutherford Boulevard, while the events leading up to the assault took place at various locations. The victim said her boyfriend, 21-year-old Chukwuoi Echetebu, assaulted her following a series of arguments throughout the day on Tuesday.

Echetebu reportedly took the victim’s iPad and used its GPS function to track her after their first altercation. The victim told police that Echetebu later spat in her face after returning the iPad.

Following the arguments, the two separated. The victim entered her home to find her dog missing, which she believes Echetebu also took when he took her iPad.

The victim confronted Echetebu about the dog, to which he reportedly told her that it was floating in a river. The victim said Echetebu then pointed a gun at her with one hand and struck her in the face with the other.

The victim fled and later received a call from Echetebu, in which he requested she return his keys. The victim told Echetebu she did not have his keys and then informed authorities of the assault.

Echetebu was questioned, and he admitted to holding a gun during the final altercation. He was charged with aggravated assault and is being held in Rutherford County Jail on a $20,000 bond.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Bonnaroo adds two artists, reveals late night sets
Next MTSU 2016 Pro Day results: Byard steals spotlight